Team Angel Fire is a local organization working in conjunction with Angel Fire Resort – Ski & Snowboard School. Our Mission is to provide ski and snowboard instruction, coaching and competition management to the youth of the Moreno Valley. Our goal is to promote a high level of skiing and snowboarding and to help each Team Member achieve the highest level possible.
2017-18 Season Information
- Tue Oct 17th 5:30 - 7:00 at First National Bank Community Room
- Tue Nov 14th 5:30 - 7:00 at First National Bank Community Room
- Sat Dec 9th 5:30 - 7:00 at First National Bank Community Room (Season Kick Off)
- Download the Registration Form, Power of Attorney & Liability Form. Power of Attorney form needs to be notarized.
- Scholarship Application
Team Angel Fire FAQ
How much does it cost?
Depending on the program the tuition cost ranges from $400 for Beginners up to $750 for competitive athletes. See program details below for specific program costs.
What does the tuition pay for?
- Quality coaching from 8:50 am - 3:00 pm. Instructing athletes on the basics to competitive skills & techniques.
- Team Angel Fire jacket for the season.
- Hot chocolate breaks.
- Ability to purchase athlete season pass from Angel Fire Resort for $99.00
- Coaching at venue competitions.
How do I register?
What do I need to provide?
- Skis/snowboards, helmets, gloves, ski/snowboard boots. Athlete should be ready to ski/snowboard when they arrive.
- Athlete should be dressed for the winter weather. While the Team Jacket provides warmth, athletes should have multiple base layers to ensure they can handle the temps at the summit. We highly recommend fleece and wool base layers.
- Lunch, drink in small back pack and snacks in the Team jacket pockets.
- Parents should bring athlete(s) to the base of the Chili Express by 8:50 am & pickup children at 3:00pm at the same place.
What days are the team sessions?
Most Ski Team sessions occur on Mondays & Saturdays. The Monday sessions follow the local school calendar, for example, if your athlete has school on a Monday, the session will be pushed to Saturday. You can specify which day you would like your athlete to attend when registering. Competitive groups are constrained by the coaches and can occur on Sunday. See details below for specific programs.
When does it start?
Beginners and Advanced Beginners start after the new year. All other programs start in early Dec. See calendars for previous season 2016-17.
What are the times for a typical session day?
Sessions run from 8:50 am - 3:00 pm. Parents should bring your athlete(s) to the base of the Chili Express by 8:50 am & pickup at 3:00 pm.
Programs 2018 coming soon, existing calendars from last season
|Program||Ages||Cost||Start & End Date||Calendar|
|Beginner Ski & Snowboard Never ever skied/boarded or only a handful of times.||6 + (Snowboard recommend 80+ lbs)||$400||Mondays : Dec 11th, 2017 - Mar 5th, 2018 (see calendar)11 sessions||Monday|
|Advanced Beginner Ski & Snowboard Has completed Beginner program.||6 + (Snowboard recommend 80+ lbs)||$400||Mondays : Dec 11th, 2017 - Mar 5th, 2018 (see calendar)11 sessions||Monday|
|Intermediate Ski & Snowboard Working on parallel skiing. Snowboard : Linking turns, riding switch.||6 + (Snowboard recommend 80+ lbs)||$400||Mondays : Dec 11th, 2017 - Mar 5th, 2018 (see calendar)11 sessions||Monday|
|Advanced Ski & Snowboard Can ski in parallel stance working on carving technique & moguls. Snowboard working on carving on steep and learning mogul technique.||6 + (Snowboard recommend 80+ lbs)||$400||Mondays : Dec 11th, 2017 - Mar 5th, 2018 (see calendar)11 sessions||Monday|
|Saturday Int & Advanced Ski Can ski in parallel stance working on carving technique & moguls.||6 + Ski only||$500||Sat/Sun: Dec 10th, 217 - Feb 25th, 201811 sessions||Sat/Sun|
|Freestyle Ski & Snowboard 2 day Advanced Ski Freestyle technique.||6 +||$700||Most Sat & Sun: Dec 16th, 2017 - Mar 25th, 2018 - dependent on school schedule & competitions26 sessions||Freestyle|
|Alpine USSA Ski Race 2 day Competition at Fun & USSA Races. Execute consistent linked carved turns, line & turn shape. Refine event specific technique & tactical skills.||6 +||$775||Coming soon...||Coming soon...|