Team Angel Fire is a local organization working in conjunction with Angel Fire Resort – Ski & Snowboard School. Our Mission is to provide ski and snowboard instruction, coaching and competition management to the youth of the Moreno Valley. Our goal is to promote a high level of skiing and snowboarding and to help each Team Member achieve the highest level possible.
Ski Swap & Calling of the Flakes : Saturday Nov 30, 2013
Come for deals and enjoy the Resort party: food, bouncy house, & bake sale.
Have equipment to sell or donate? Drop off Dates:
- November 23rd: Angel Fire Community Center from 1pm. - 5 pm.
- November 27th: Angel Fire Community Center from 1pm. - 5 pm.
- November 30th: Garden Court in Angel Fire Resort from 1pm. - 3 pm.
Season Kickoff Meeting : Monday Dec 9th, 2013
How much does it cost?
Depending on the program the tuition cost ranges from $325 for Beginners up to $725 for competitive racers/boarders. See program details below for specific program costs.
What does the tuition pay for?
- Quality coaching from 8:50 am - 3:00 pm. Instructing athletes on the basics to competitive skills & techniques.
- Team Angel Fire jacket for the season.
- Hot chocolate breaks.
- Ability to purchase athlete season pass for $75.00
- Coaching at venue competitions.
How do I register?
- Download the Registration Form, Power of Attorney & Liability Form. Power of Attorney form needs to be notarized.
- Fill out the forms and mail them with a check to : Team Angel Fire, PO Box 864, Angel Fire, NM 87710.
- You can also attend the next Registration Date: Wednesday Nov 13th, at 5:00 pm at Angel Fire Community Center.
- We will accept checks and credit cards at the Registration meeting.
- Online registration is under construction.
What do I need to provide?
- Skis/snowboards, helmets, gloves, ski/snowboard boots. Athlete should be ready to ski/snowboard when they arrive.
- Athlete should be dressed for the winter weather. While the Team Jacket provides warmth, athletes should have multiple base layers to ensure they can handle the temps at the summit. We highly recommend fleece and wool base layers.
- Lunch, drink in small back pack and snacks in the Team jacket pockets.
- Parents should bring athlete(s) to the base of the Chili Express by 8:50 am & pickup children at 3:00pm at the same place.
What days are the team sessions?
Most Ski Team sessions occur on Friday & Saturday. The Friday sessions follow the local school calendar, for example, if your athlete has school on a Friday, the session will be pushed to Saturday. You can specify which day you would like your athlete to attend when registering. Competitive groups are constrained by the coaches and can occur on Sunday. See details below for specific programs.
When does it start?
Beginners and Advanced Beginners start on Jan 3th. All other programs start on Dec 14th. See calendars below.
What are the times for a typical session day?
Sessions run from 8:50 am - 3:00 pm. Parents should bring your athlete(s) to the base of the Chili Express by 8:50 am & pickup at 3:00 pm.